Join Cynthia Hoffman and Claudia Figallo for this two-part CAMFT approved CE seminar on Harm Reduction techniques, practices, and theory.
The seminar will cover:
– The history of Harm Reduction (HR) and HR Psychotherapy
– The principles of HR and how therapists and counselors can work from a HR perspective
– Relationship building with people who use substances
– Substance use assessment
– Goal setting
– Exploration of the meaning of the use, the drug itself
– Teaching client coping strategies including CBT, DBT and mindfulness
– Identifying and working with countertransference that arises when working with people who use substances
A reading list will be provided before the training to allow participants to familiarize themselves with basic Harm Reduction and Harm Reduction Therapy concepts.
Although held virtually, this is an interactive training. Participants will observe and participate in experiential work each session.
This seminar will take place across two Saturdays. Saturday, November 6, 2021 and November 13, 2021 from 9:00am to 12:15pm.
Cost for the Harm Reduction Therapy trainings Parts 1 and 2 is $300 if taken on it’s own. If taken in combination with Motivational Interviewing Training, the price is $250.
Please contact Cynthia at 415-987-5578 / firstname.lastname@example.org or Claudia at email@example.com / 415-993-9011 if you have any questions, or to register