Group Analysis South West’s (GASW) online Introductory Course in Groupwork provides a comprehensive introduction to groupwork skills and the theory of group analysis, together with the opportunity for personal and professional development.
Who’s it for?
This course is useful to anyone who participates in team work either professionally or in their leisure activities. Previous participants have included those who work in health, education and prison services; the clergy; social services; business and organizational consultants and counselling and psychotherapy services;
As well as personal and professional development you will gain 79 hours of CPD.
You will be awarded with a CPD certificate of completion at the end if you meet the 80% attendance criteria.
– Increase your knowledge of group work
– Improve your skills working with groups
– Learn to manage complex work- loads; complex teams within complex organizations;
– Develop your capacity for building and maintaining good working relationships
– Develop your understanding of how you relate to others in a group
– Learn to talk about yourself AND, more importantly, how to be yourself.
The course runs on Monday evenings from 5:30pm to 8:30pm. The 2021/22 course will take place on zoom and will be delivered over three ten-week terms.
Term 1: 11th October to 13th December
Term 2: 10th January to 21st March (Half-term: 21st February)
Term 3: 28th March to 27th June (Easter: 18th April to 2nd May inc.)