Connection & Community with People Who Get It
This therapy group is for women ages 18-35 who identify as MENA (Middle Eastern/North African) or South Asian. It’s open to people of all sexual orientations and women that are cisgender, transgender, and femme/feminine-identifying genderqueer and non-binary individuals.
THIS GROUP MIGHT BE FOR YOU, IF:
- – You feel misunderstood, judged, or rejected by family or community.
- – You feel that who you are, what you believe, or who you love is not fully accepted by family or community.
- – You’ve got some big questions to sort through (what you believe, relationships, career, etc.) but don’t feel safe or comfortable talking about it with the people in your life.
- – You don’t feel you belong or fit in and it’s been really lonely.
- – You rarely feel like you can be yourself around people.
- – You’re living a double or hidden life; no one really knows your true self.
- – You want and are ready for deep, meaningful relationships with genuine people who get it and will accept you as you are.
This group offers a space where you can show up as your full self. A place where you can connect with others who will understand and support you during this important time in your life.
- – Explore who you truly are in a safe and supportive environment.
- – Heal from depression and anxiety that’s tied to your identity, culture, experiences of racism/discrimination, not fitting in, and/or family/intergenerational conflict.
- – Learn skills and strategies to manage stress, resolve relationship conflicts, and reach your goals.
- – Connect with and learn from others who can relate.
- – Better understand and improve your relationships.
- – Get support and accountability from caring and invested people.
- – Receive multiple perspectives and feedback on issues that matter to you.
- – Master showing up authentically, confidently, and unapologetically in your life and in relationships.
Ready to join? Have questions? Start by scheduling a free 15-minute phone consultation to learn more and find out if this group is a good fit for you. More contact details can be found here.
– Wednesdays 11:30-1:00PM CST
– Group meets over Zoom; link provided at enrollment.
– Open to individuals located anywhere in Texas, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Illinois, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, Nevada, Oklahoma, Utah, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and North Carolina.
– 6 spots available, they fill quickly—schedule a phone consult to learn more and register!
– $720 for 12 sessions (paid in full or weekly @ $60/session)
ABOUT THE GROUP FACILITATOR:
Dr. Mona Ghosheh has been helping young adults overcome depression and anxiety for almost 15 years. As a Palestinian, Arab-American and 1st generation immigrant, Mona knows first-hand how hard it can be to figure out who you are when there’s so much at stake–family, religion, culture, reputation, etc. And it’s even more challenging when you have to sort out these complexities on your own. BUT you aren’t alone— you are welcome to join this group of kind, supportive, and invested womxn who get it!