For accomplished adults who are ready to go from internal turmoil and suffering as the result of old wounds to thriving with internal safety and social confidence!
Have you ever wondered what it might be like to better understand your inner world and how to:
– slow down or completely stop being triggered & high jacked
– quiet the inner critic or inner perfectionist that sabotages your greatest efforts
– release yourself from the grip of stuck, stale and painful relationship patterns
This group uses Internal Family Systems (IFS) as a foundation for teaching about parts of your personality and exploring how they interact with each other. Group members will learn to recognize and identify those emotions, thoughts and reactions that create internal and external challenges throughout life. Sessions will include getting to know those parts of ourselves, and learning how to access the core qualities of a Self that is present within all of us.
With others, you will have an opportunity to:
– Work through discomfort and anxiety so that you can achieve the level of closeness and intimacy you desire
– Courageously connect with vulnerability and anger rather than engaging in avoidance and repression
– Experiment with expression of Self which will help you to increase assertiveness, self-confidence and calm
– Practice welcoming all of your parts while increasing presence, awareness and mindfulness
IFS is a powerful tool that can help you achieve greater well-being and balance by not only becoming more aware of these internal patterns, but by going toward them with curiosity and compassion to better understand and heal them.
Get to know your Self better, understand why you act the way you do, and develop a toolkit you can use to empower your sense of courage and creativity.
This group is being co-led with Karla Amanda Brown, LMFT.
NEXT Step? Email our office to schedule a brief phone chat with leaders Karla or Alicia. We would be delighted to answer any questions you have about the group and support you with preparing for the learning and growing experience ahead.