Join Latoyia Griffin Piper, LCSW, CGP on Friday, November 5th, 1:00 – 3:00 pm for a virtual group therapy diversity workshop. This workshop will address strategies to enhance inclusivity for those from diverse identities.
Subjects covered include:
– Managing pre-group preparation
– Drafting details to include in discussions with participants
– Drafting of group contract
– Implementing strategies to restore and maintain safety when facilitating groups for those from diverse and marginalized identities.
By the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
1. Identify 1 micro, 1 mezzo, 1 macro level action step to attend to inclusivity in group settings.
2. Discuss personal growth steps to take that contribute to healthy support of diverse identities in groups.
3. Describe 2 pre-group preparations to support diverse identities in group.
4. Articulate why safety attentive to diverse identities is of importance.
5. Identify 2 within-group steps to take to attend to inclusivity and safety.
Must RSVP to attend! Reservations must be received by November 3rd. Click here to register
Click here to pay for your registration
Readings and items to review pre-workshop:
– Readings noted in the list of references
– Barriers and Bridges to Safety document from Latoyia Griffin, LCSW, CGP
– $40 Non-Members
– $15 Students or New Professionals
– Free for WGPS Members