This 9-10 week healing workshop is geared towards those who have been impacted by violence, caused harm, enabled harm, and those who find themselves in cycles of physical and emotional harm who want to explore their participation in such cycles.
Individual journaling, paired and group work, movement, visual art, reflective homework, and psycho- / political education are some of the tools we will use throughout this journey.
This is a confidential and consensual group. While participants will be supported through risk-taking, they will only be asked to share in accordance with their needs for safety.
Our facilitators are not mandated reporters and are not legally required to report acts of harm to authorities.
We encourage these people to apply:
• People who are exploring the impact of violence (causing it, surviving/being victims of it, and/or enabling it) for the first time with other people.
• People who would not otherwise access this kind of healing space due to cost, lack of trust for institutionally provided healing, or difficulty in finding a culturally relevant healing space.
• People who can acknowledge that they have caused others and/or themselves harm.
What we look for when reviewing applications:
• An awareness that healing work is messy and full of making mistakes along the way.
• A willingness to invest in this workshop as a part of your journey. Take your time in answering questions, providing as much detail as it feels safe to share.
• A willingness in wanting to explore vulnerabilities, strengths, challenges, gains, losses, and mistakes that took you to where you are today.
The workshop will take place across ten Tuesdays from Sept. 14 – Nov. 16, 5pm-8pm PST. Pricing is offered on a sliding scale: $25 – $1200.